Want to learn more about how Silicon Valley really works? Are private equity, venture capital and angel investing areas you want to learn more about? Want to be mentored by successful entrepreneurs?
CapGain Solutions, based in Menlo Park, is a new investment fund assisting securities owners realize tax benefits. We seek talented people with passion for learning new skills and who aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern, potentially leading to employment, you will get to work directly with our founders, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
What You Will Do and Learn:
- Create a short-term, medium-term and long-term marketing calendar.
- Lead email and direct mail campaigns targeted at leaders of VC firms, private equity firms, founders, angel groups, etc.
- Promote the company on social media.
- Learn new or enhance existing skills with Google AdWords.
- Maintaining our WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts.
- Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
- Create feedback and viral loops between our Facebook Page, Twitter, and blog accounts.
- Follow up and communicate with the leaders of VC firms, private equity firms, founders, angel groups, etc. who want to sell their securities to CapGain Solutions
- Attend high level meetings with leaders at VC firms, private equity firms, founders, angel groups, etc.
- Learn about variety of different startup-up companies.
- Track social media and marketing analytics.
- Finance and other
- Learn about the tax considerations of start up company investing.
- Learn about VC firms, private equity firms, founders, angel groups, etc
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Would Like:
- Having a quantitative background would be good
- Understand social media such as email newsletters, LinkedIn, Twitter, WordPress
- Understand Google AdWords and / or other advertising networks
- If you know terms like CTR, CPM, conversion ratios, that would be good
- Having worked with a CRM like Zoho (preferred) or Salesforce
- Professional demeanor for meetings with VC firms, private equity firms, founders, angel groups
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible.
The initial term of the position begins Oct 15th, 2013 and ends January 30th, 2014. It might be extended or cut short. You are expected to a minimum of 20 hours a week and will be paid $12/hour.
We value our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with leaders and other professionals in the start up ecosystem.
If you are interested and believe you meet or exceed the qualifications listed above, please contact us.